What are Pharmaceuticals Wastes?
These are made up of partially dispensed, used, expired, or recalled drugs. If this type of waste is not stored and disposed in regulated manners, it can be extremely harmful people, animals, and our environment.
Pharmaceutical waste can be detrimental to our health and the environment because of:
- Microbial hazards
- Contaminated water sources
What are Chemical Wastes?
This type of waste most typically comes from chemical manufacturers, research and development facilities, biotechnology labs or storage facilities.
Chemical waste is anything containing or contaminated with:
- Flammable solvents (such as paint thinners and cleaning agents)
- Leachate toxic materials (such as pesticides)
- Corrosives (most often acids and bases)
- Reactives (such as solvents and paints)
- Toxic materials (such as battery acid)
- PCBs (manmade chemical compound with varied uses)
How do I securely package my sharps waste?
1) Obtain the appropriate containers, boxes and liners from GIC.
- We offer the highest quality products, manufactured according to the highest global compliance standards.
- Based on how your workplace operates, how much sharps waste your staff produces and your budget, we can determine the disposal containers that are right for you.
2) Discard sharps waste into our premier quality containers.
- With GIC, you can dispose of your sharps in containers which are puncture resistant and safe. Your staff can benefit from needle removing mechanisms, a lid which can be reopened until the container is full and permanently sealed once the container reaches capacity.
3) Once your container or containers are full, place them in the disposal box (with liner) and call GIC for a pick up. With one call, your work is done. GIC will be there as often as you need, taking the waste off your hands and off your mind.
Does GIC provide any type of training?
Over the years we have handled and disposed of every type of regulated waste, and worked with every type of waste generator. Trust GIC to answer your waste questions, and to understand your business’s waste needs. We can provide you and your employees with information about all the necessary compliance standards and regulations you need to maintain a safe and efficient workplace.
What is GIC doing to promote eco-friendliness?
Our state-of-the-art eco friendly waste disposal systems exceed government regulations. We are Mother Nature’s ally against non-hazardous and hazardous medical wastes! The environment is of utmost concern to us. When we developed our eco-friendly solutions we made the decision to make this a core part of how our business operates. We promote these eco-friendly commitments to our partners and clients always.
Why should I sign up for any GIC service?
Since its inception, GIC Medical Disposal has earned a reputation for compliant, efficient, personalized and unparalleled service solutions. Our customers recognize our commitment to providing them with services that exceeds industry standards.
We guarantee compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and prioritize safeguarding the environment. We use a fully integrated approach to transfer our expertise and knowledge to your healthcare facility. This commitment to compliant and proactive handling of waste gives our clients peace of mind, as we work with them to reduce workplace injuries through user-friendly products and procedures they can trust.
What really gives GIC a competitive edge however, is our ability to recognize that no two customers are the same. You can count on GIC to work with you to understand your needs and expectations, and tailor our services to you. While our competitors tether clients to long term contracts and then adopt a ‘set-it and forget-it’ approach, GIC remains dedicated to investing in our client relationships. Our customers choose the GIC Advantage because we offer freedom, flexibility, convenience and quality.
GIC offers you the best, customizable solutions that will fit your facility’s requirements. We are proud to offer you the following:
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly services
- Premium quality products
- Highly knowledgeable experts
- Safety and convenience
- Flexible scheduling that won’t interrupt your operation